NFAT launch "Road to Nowhere"

After much discussion, many reccies and a considerable amount of planning, we are proud to announce our first official fell race: The Road to Nowhere. 

Organised under FRA rules and guidance the route will take you over the remote and picturesque (weather permitting!) landscape beyond Scar reservoir.

For more details pleas visit the dedicated Road to Nowhere page on this site.

2024 Membership Fees

Our First Claim membership includes the cost of registering with England Athletics as a competitive athlete and this has increased to £19 for the 2024 registrations – up from the £16 we had budgeted in our membership fee. As a result, for 2024, we are increasing our First Claim membership to £40. We believe this still represents great value, working out at less than 77 pence per week.

Second Claim membership is also increasing to £22 per year from 1st January 2024.

NFAT awards and Christmas party

On 8th December 2023 we held our first Awards Evening, combining this celebration of our members and their achievements with the seasonal staple of a good old Christmas party. The event was well attended and the venue, food and entertainment (planned and spontaneous) were incredible. Our thanks to the organising sub-committee and all those who chipped in before and after to make sure we left not even footprints behind.

With apologies to Jess’s profiteroles, surely the highlight of the evening was the recognition of various club members for raising the profile and reflecting the values of NFAT. The awards and their winners are listed below.

Merry Christmas to all and here’s to continued growth and achievement for NFAT and our members.

Facebook Poll Awards

Strava "Facts"

The BIG Ones

Winner of the NFAT Summer Championships

                                      Emma Wilkins

2nd Caroline Ball

3rd Stan Appleton

Most Outstanding Performance(s) of the Year

                                          Ted Leahy

Special mentions for Heather Tuffs, Emma Wilkins, Mel White and Tim Palfreman who have each been inspirational throughout the year.

Member of the Year

                                         Mel Mawer

Mel created, organised and drove the June Parkinson’s day, singlehandedly raised our club profile and spurred the committee on to organise our first race – Run Nidderdale 10km.

NFAT awarded grant by Two Ridings Community Foundation

Nidderdale Fell & Trail running club is delighted to announce that the Two Ridings Community Foundation have awarded a grant of £3,000 to the club to support our growth plan and to ensure that NFAT can offer the highest standards of coaching and leadership across our running disciplines.

This award will accelerate our goal to establish an inclusive and supportive club that encourages sustainable and respectful running on trails and open access land in Nidderdale and across the UK.

Our thanks go to Katherine, Sarah, Roxanne and Harriet in The Grants Team for their support and encouragement.

Mayor's charity fund awards training grant to NFAT

Nidderdale Fell & Trail running club has been awarded a £240 grant from the Pateley Bridge Town Council Mayor’s Charity Fund to subsidise the training of run leaders as part of the club’s growth strategy. This covers 75% of the cost of training two members in Leadership in Running Fitness – an England Athletics qualification to provide a safe and enjoyable running experience for runners – with NFAT contributing the remaining 25%.

As a club, we are committed to providing a fun, safe and inclusive experience for runners of all abilities and to encourage members to enjoy and nurture our local environment. This funding allows us to accelerate our training program and offer a wider selection of runs to meet local demand.

We are grateful to Pateley Bridge Town Council for their support and encouragement.

Nidderdale Fell & Trail gain England Athletics affiliation

On 6th January 2023 we received notification from England Athletics that our affiliation submission has been accepted and we will shortly be confirmed as an official affiliated running club.

This is amazing news and a significant milestone in our efforts to establish a running club in the heart of Nidderdale. Our attention now shifts to building our team of coaches and run leaders so that we can provide support and mentoring for runners at all levels who want to embrace off-road running.

Membership will open shortly and we would encourage everyone to join the club and enter events under our ‘flag’ to spread the word and help us grow the club.

The committee would like to thank everyone who has contributed to achieving this milestone, especially our amazing members who have demonstrated to EA that we are a serious and committed group of runners.